Ideal as a soul-warming side dish or dessert, fresh cut pumpkin is tossed with an irresistible blend of spices before being baked to perfection.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and cut into 1” slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In small bowl, make cinnamon adobo by combining cumin, coriander, cinnamon and garlic powder.
- In large bowl, combine salt, cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon prepared cinnamon adobo and olive oil.
- Toss pumpkin pieces in spice mixture.
- On non-stick baking sheet, arrange pumpkin. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Flip pieces and continue cooking an additional 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh lime slices.