These fragrant cookies are sure to please. Pack them into lunchboxes for a nice surprise.
Serves: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine butter, 2 1⁄2 cups sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Then stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- On shallow plate, combine remaining 1⁄2 cup sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mix well. Form dough into 3⁄4-inch balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat; gently press sugar mixture into cookies so it doesnʼt fall off. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until cookies are set and light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.