Cinnamon Nut Cookies
The base of this cookie is whole-wheat flour and walnuts. It is tasty and at the same time healthy enough to be eaten for breakfast!
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup Splenda No Calorie Granulated Sweetener
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add walnuts, flours, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt to a food processor. Process until the nuts are finely chopped.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the Splenda to the softened butter and beat to combine; add the egg and mix well. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well combined.
- Place tablespoon-sized pieces of dough on prepared baking sheets. Space them 1½"–2" apart and flatten slightly with a spatula or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 15 minutes until slightly browned.