Cinnamon Pecan Cookies
Cinnamon and pecans blend wonderfully in these sweet, chewy cookies. Try using almonds or walnuts instead of pecans if you’d like to enjoy a different nutty flavor.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cup coconut sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 2¼ cups spelt flour
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and coconut sugar. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. Add baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, flour, and chopped nuts. Mix until combined.
- Mix remaining ¼ coconut sugar and ½ tablespoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll batter into 1" balls and coat in cinnamon sugar. Place the balls on prepared baking sheets 2" apart and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.