Cinnamon Pull-Apart Rolls
With a sweet cinnamon exterior and a soft chewy interior, these rolls are a bit messy to eat and a whole lot of fun to share. You can buy honey powder at some health food stores and online.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1½ tsp. active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water heated to 110°F
- ⅓ cup plus 3 Tbsp. powdered honey, divided
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup butter, divided
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2¾ cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9" × 9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine yeast and the warm water with 1 tablespoon of powdered honey and set aside.
- Scald the almond milk on the stove by heating it over medium heat just until bubbles begin popping up around the edges of the pan. Remove from heat. Add 3 tablespoons of butter to the scalded milk and stir until melted. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg, 2 tablespoons powdered honey, and salt. Stir in milk mixture and yeast mixture. Mix until well combined. Add flour and knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes.
- Return dough to the bowl and cover the top with a towel. Place bowl in a warm place for 30 minutes as the dough rises.
- Melt the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter and place into a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine ⅓ cup powdered honey with the cinnamon.
- Pinch out 1½" balls of dough and form each one into a smooth topped ball. Dip each in butter and then into the honey mixture. Place in the prepared dish, touching each other, in rows. Bake rolls for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden.