Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
There is nothing like hot bread pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make you feel all warm inside.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups day-old bread, torn into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 packed cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 9-inch round baking dish.
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. Lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl. Stir in the milk. Pour the milk mixture over the bread cubes. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and raisins. Toss lightly to blend.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Place the dish in a baking pan and pour hot water into the pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the outside edge comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.