Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Delicious cinnamon combines with all-natural raisins for a delicious treat with none of the guilt.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup Sucanat
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with olive oil cooking spray and cover with a thin coating of wheat flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, flaxseeds, Sucanat, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add bananas, applesauce, egg whites, egg, agave nectar, and vanilla. Mix to combine. Fold in raisins and walnuts and incorporate evenly throughout the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45–60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.