Cinnamon Raisin Granola Parfait
This nutritional version of a standard fruit parfait with homemade granola makes a healthy, light breakfast. The granola recipe will make more than you need, so enjoy it as a snack or to make more parfaits.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2½ Tbsp. toasted wheat germ
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. apple juice
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- ¾ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- ¼ small banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats and wheat germ. Stir in the ground cinnamon. Stir in the apple juice, canola oil, and margarine, blending thoroughly.
- Spread out the mixture on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Pour the granola back into the mixing bowl. Stir in the brown sugar and raisins. Spread the mixture back onto the baking sheet. Cook for another 15 minutes or until the granola is golden brown. Let cool. Store in a sealed container.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the granola in the bottom of a tall glass. Add 3 tablespoons of the yogurt. Continue layering by alternating even portions of the granola and yogurt. Top with the banana slices.