Cinnamon Rice and Fig Bowl
This bowl is perfect for breakfast or a filling afternoon snack. Luscious figs are high in fiber and potassium, while yogurt provides much-needed calcium.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. maple syrup, divided
- 5 figs (4 chopped, 1 sliced), divided
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, combine apple juice, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and chopped figs and cook until slightly reduced and thickened, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir rice into fig mixture and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon maple syrup, and cinnamon and whisk to combine.
- Pour equal amounts of fig mixture into each of two serving bowls and top each with equal amounts of cinnamon yogurt. Top each bowl half the sliced figs. Serve chilled