Cinnamon Roasted Pineapple
Roasted pineapple with a kiss of cinnamon is perfect for dessert…or anytime!
Serves: 10Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pineapple, peeled
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kroger® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil; set aside.
- Cut pineapple into quarters, then cut out core from each piece. Cut each quarter in half and each of those halves into 4 pieces for a total of 32 pineapple spears.
- In a large bowl mix together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cayenne. Add pineapple pieces mixing to coat. Pour on prepared baking pan.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, flipping halfway, until pineapple is tender and beginning to brown. Fruit can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate leftovers.