Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
Whether you buy pre-made or whip up a batch of your own, using cinnamon rolls as the base of a bread pudding provides it with great structure and flavor. Bacon, cranberries and pecans add their own flavorful tastes and result in an easy-to-make crowd favorite.
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups Kroger® Whole Milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 14 cinnamon rolls (2 oz. each) or equivalent weight of rolls, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled (about 4 slices)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or apple juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13”x9” baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla. Add rolls, pecans, dried cranberries and bacon. Stir gently to moisten all ingredients. Transfer gently to prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes until knife inserted in center of pudding comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, cream, bourbon and salt. Simmer, without stirring, 3 minutes. Pour warm syrup over pudding.
- Refrigerate leftovers.