Cinnamon Roll Cookies
The flavor of sweet cinnamon rolls in a cookie is unusual. Add 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans with the cinnamon and sugar mixture if you like.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 11 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. cream of tartar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Cream granulated sugar, shortening, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and milk; beat well. Whisk together cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and flour; beat in. Cover; chill 3 hours. Meanwhile, mix brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Roll 1⁄4 of chilled dough out on a piece of wax paper; sprinkle with 1⁄4 of sugar mixture. Carefully roll up like a jelly roll, using wax paper to help roll. Wrap tightly in wax paper; chill overnight. Repeat with remaining dough.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F. Slice cookies; arrange 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until done.