Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffeecake
This classic coffee cake recipe is one of the best around.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 14 Tbsp. softened butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 10-inch tube pan by greasing well and fitting a cut waxed paper insert to the bottom.
- Cut 6 tablespoons butter into the brown sugar and cinnamon with a fork. Mix the nuts in well. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream the remaining 8 tablespoons butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, combining quickly but thoroughly on low speed.
- Sprinkle half the streusel mixture into the tube pan. Spread half the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with the remaining streusel then spread the remaining batter. With a table knife, make about 8 cuts through the batter to distribute the streusel. Bake for 50 minutes.
- To cool, remove the cake with the tube and bottom of the pan still attached by pulling up on the tube. Allow to cool for a few minutes on a wire rack. Reinsert into the pan and invert onto a rack or plate, loosening cake around the tube first if necessary. Peel away the waxed paper and allow the cake to finish cooling.