Cinnamon-Spiced Chocolate Fondue
Adding the cinnamon after the fondue has been removed from the heating agent will help keep the chocolate from seizing up.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Wash and drain the strawberries on paper towels. Remove the hulls. Break the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate into pieces.
- Combine the cream and chocolate in a metal bowl and place over a saucepan half-filled with barely simmering water. Melt the chocolate on low to medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Do not let the mixture overheat. Add more cream if necessary.
- When the chocolate has melted, transfer the fondue mixture to the fondue pot and set on the burner. Keep the fondue warm on low heat. Stir in the cinnamon. Serve with the strawberries for dipping.