Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Save to My Recipes
This bread creates a welcoming smell in the morning when warmed gently in the toaster.
Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutes
- 1½ cups plus 1 Tbsp. water, divided
- ½ cup honey
- 1¾ tsp. active dry yeast (1 package)
- 3 large eggs, divided
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 5 cups bread flour
- ⅓ cup cinnamon
- ⅔ cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 1½ cups water, 2 tablespoons honey, and yeast. Stir to dissolve and let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 eggs, oil, salt, and enough bread flour to create a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead 8–10 minutes. Add flour only to reduce stickiness. Return to bowl, dust the top lightly with flour, and cover with plastic wrap. Rise at room temperature until doubled in volume, about 3 hours. Punch dough down, fold in half, and rise again, until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 9" × 5" loaf pans with pan spray and line with a strip of parchment. Turn risen dough onto a floured surface, and with a rolling pin, roll into an 18" × 24" rectangle. Warm remaining honey and brush over the entire surface of dough. Combine cinnamon and sugar, and sprinkle on top of honey. Starting on a long edge, roll the dough up into a log.
- Cut the log into two 9" loaves. Place each loaf in a pan, seam-side down, dust with flour, cover with plastic wrap, and rise for 30 minutes. Combine remaining egg with a tablespoon of water and brush over the surface of the breads. Bake until golden brown and firm, about 50–60 minutes. Cool completely on a rack before slicing.