An apple a day keeps the doctor away and what better way to get that daily apple than through applesauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. apples, cored, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tsp. coarse salt
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. ground nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, combine the apples, water, lemon juice, and salt over a medium heat.
- Cook, stirring and mashing the apples with the back of a wooden spoon, until the apples are soft and the water has evaporated, around 15 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine everything together.