Fresh orange and a blend of spices give these carrots an unexpected burst of tangy flavor.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients except carrots. Coat carrots evenly with spice mixture.
- On non-stick baking sheet, arrange carrots in a single layer; cook 18 to 22 minutes, stirring occasionally, until caramelized and fork tender.
- Serve with fresh olive oil and cilantro leaves.