Citrus Flank Steak
Enjoy this dish on a warm day and pair with a light pasta salad or hearty green salad.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1⁄8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 piece gingerroot (5 inches), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 flank steak (1 1⁄2 lb.)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- In a food processor, mix oil, lime juice, pineapple juice, maple syrup, garlic powder, ginger, salt, and pepper until smooth; pour into a large bowl.
- Add steak to bowl and cover. Place in refrigerator and marinate 2 to 4 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat or heat grill on medium-high.
- Grill steak 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; cover loosely with foil and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve.