Citrus Flank Steak
Enjoy this dish on a warm day and pair with a light pasta salad or hearty green salad.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 piece gingerroot (5"), peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 flank steak (1½ lb.)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- In a food processor, mix oil, lime juice, pineapple juice, maple syrup, garlic powder, ginger, salt, and pepper until smooth; pour into a large bowl.
- Add steak to bowl and cover. Place in refrigerator and marinate 2–4 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat or heat grill on medium-high.
- Grill steak 6–8 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; cover loosely with foil and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve.