Citrus-Glazed Green Beans
If you are short on time, cover the shallots while you cook them to achieve the same caramelizing effect. This may take 8 to 12 minutes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 small shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp. Splenda
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. sugar-free orange marmalade
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and Splenda to skillet and sauté for 15 minutes or until shallots are browned. Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove beans to a bowl of ice cold water and drain.
- Add green beans to skillet. Stir in marmalade, ginger, and soy sauce. Cook for 5 minutes until sauce has thickened.