Citrus-Marinated Chicken Sandwich
Citrus fruit is the perfect marinade. The acids work to tenderize the chicken while adding a fresh and tangy flavor.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 small boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 oz.)
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 multigrain roll
- 3 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- Blend orange juice, lemon juice, onion, oil, lemon pepper, and salt in a small dish. Marinate chicken breast in citrus blend, covered and refrigerated, for 4 hours.
- Grill chicken breast for 10 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is completely cooked. Meanwhile butter each side of bun and place on the grill, buttered side facing down, to lightly toast.
- Place grilled chicken breast, lettuce, and tomato on bun and serve.