Citrus-Oregano Slow Cooker Shredded Pork
This hands-off shredded pork recipe takes just minutes of prep before it cooks low and slow to tender, pull-apart perfection.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 8 hoursTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 pounds pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 12 slider buns
- Sprinkle all sides of pork with oregano and salt. If slow cooker has sauté function, sear meat on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. If not, skip this step.
- Make 3 slits in pork; insert 1 clove garlic into each slit.
- In slow cooker, combine pork, broth, onion, orange juice, lime juice and bay leaves. Cover; cook on low 8 hours, or until pork reaches a safe internal temperature of 145°F.
- Remove pork. Using two forks, shred; place back into liquid in slow cooker.
- Gently mix in cilantro. Serve on buns with pickled red onion and lime mayo. Refrigerate any leftovers.