Citrus Shrimp Brochettes
This recipe can be served on salad greens that have been dressed with citrus vinaigrette, or as an entrée with rice and vegetables.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 24 uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 8 bamboo skewers, presoaked in water
- Combine juices, oil, zests, salt, and pepper in a bowl or plastic bag.
- Marinate shrimp in juice mixture for 1 hour.
- Thread 6 shrimp onto two parallel skewers, so that 2 skewers go through each shrimp. Repeat 3 more times.
- Grill skewered shrimp for about 3 minutes per side over medium-high heat.
- Serve warm.