Citrusy and Sticky Honey Wings
Making wings in the slow cooker is simple, and the cooker serves double duty as a warmer during an event or party. Once the wings are done, switch the setting to warm so that the wings will stay hot and sticky, but not continue to cook. Perfection!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 7 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, tips removed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Place the wings into a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, orange juice, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and rosemary. Pour over the wings. Toss to coat with sauce. Cook for 6 to 7 hours on low.
- Preheat broiler. Remove wings from slow cooker and arrange on a pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Place under broiler and brown, about 7 minutes, Turn the wings and brown the other side, about another 7 minutes. Serve hot.