Save to My Recipes
City Chicken is not chicken at all, but chunks of veal or pork (or both) on a wooden skewer. It is a popular regional dish in the Great Lakes areas of Ohio and Michigan.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. pork, cubed
- 1 lb. veal, cubed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 wooden skewers, presoaked in water
- vegetable oil
- Preheat grill to medium. Season meat cubes with salt and pepper.
- Thread meat cubes onto skewers, alternating veal and pork.
- Brush meat with oil, and then grill for 15 minutes, turning often.