Clafoutis aux Cerises (Cherry Clafoutis)
Such a simple recipe, and there are tons of different ways to make it. Here is another way to bake clafoutis with the most traditional fruit: cherries. It calls for almond flour, so this is a gluten-free dessert!
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- ⅔ cup plus 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. almond flour
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 lbs. cherries
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, break the eggs and whisk them steadily with the brown sugar until they whiten (you can also use a stand mixer, but just with the hand whisk is fine). Add the almond flour, and whisk steadily. Slowly add the whipping cream as you whisk continuously. Stop whisking when the mixture is combined.
- Butter a medium baking dish (9", for example). Sprinkle 1 tablespoon brown sugar at the bottom, and tilt the dish so as to distribute sugar everywhere. Lay the cherries at the bottom of the dish. Pour in the custard.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes. As soon as you take it out of the oven, sift a bit of powdered sugar on top. Let it cool down.
- Serve lukewarm or cold.