This is great with tiny littleneck clams, which are sweet and tasty. Some are saltier than others, so between the combination of the clams and bacon, do not add any salt at all.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 littleneck clams, opened, juices retained
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1⁄2 small green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fine white bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the open clams on a baking pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, onion, green bell pepper, lemon juice, herbs, and red pepper. Mix well when butter melts and sauté for about 4 minutes. Mix in bread crumbs and sprinkle with pepper. Moisten with reserved clam juice.
- Divide the bread crumb mixture among the clams.
- Put a piece of bacon on top of each stuffed clam. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp and the clams are bubbling.