Clams with Ginger and Lemongrass
This quick dish is full of aromatic flavors and pairs well with jasmine rice.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 2 fresh lemongrass stalks, tender inner white bulbs only, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ cup Chinese rice wine
- ½ Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 scallions, cut into 1" pieces
- 1½ lbs. littleneck clams, scrubbed and cleaned
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, shallot, lemongrass, ginger, and chili, and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add in the rice wine, fish sauce, and scallions.
- Add in the clams, stir the contents, and cover with a lid. Allow the clams to cook for 4–5 minutes or until the shells have opened. Plate the clams and garnish with the cilantro. Serve hot.