Classic Béarnaise Sauce
This sauce is classically served on filets mignon. It is also very delicious on chicken breasts and fish. Do not cook the finished sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. tarragon vinegar or white vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- Whirl egg, egg yolk, vinegar, tarragon, salt, and hot pepper sauce in a blender or food processor for 1 minute.
- Very slowly, with the motor running, drizzle in the hot butter.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and beat until thickened. Immediately pour into a sauce boat and serve.