Classic Beef Stroganoff
For more sauce to coat the noodles, increase the beef bouillon to 1
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs. cubed stewing beef
- 4 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, smashed, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized white onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- Stir the salt, black pepper, and dried basil into the flour. Toss the beef chunks with the flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the beef and brown on both sides. Remove the beef from the pan and clean out the pan. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and heat on medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Sauté until the onion is tender.
- Return the beef to the pan. Add the beef broth. Heat through, and stir in the sour cream. Heat for a few more minutes until warmed through. Serve over the noodles.