As with basic cocoa brownies, you can mix in different ingredients just before baking to create your own signature blondie. Stir in 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, chopped nuts, or a combination of all three.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl whisk together brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into sugar mixture, until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.