As with basic cocoa brownies, you can mix in different ingredients just before baking to create your own signature blondie. Stir in
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 1⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1½ cups brown rice flour
- 1½ cups arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9" × 13" baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl whisk together brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into sugar mixture, until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into baking dish. Bake for 40–45 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.