Classic Blueberry Pancakes
Fluffy, made-from-scratch blueberry pancakes are a Sunday morning standby and a breakfast-for-dinner favorite. To keep weekend mornings as relaxed as possible, try mixing the dry ingredients together the night before and then whisking them with the wet ingredients just before cooking.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Kroger Brand Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled, plus more for cooking and serving
- 1 cup blueberries
- Maple syrup, if desired
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg and melted butter. Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix until just blended.
- Heat griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add enough butter to coat pan.
- Measure about ¼ cup batter for each pancake. Sprinkle each pancake with generous tablespoon of blueberries.
- Cook until one side is golden and bubbles form and start popping on surface. Flip; continue cooking until second side is golden. Tip: To keep pancakes warm between batches, preheat oven to 200°F. Place wire cooling rack on baking sheet in oven. Transfer finished pancake to oven until ready to serve.
- Serve pancakes topped with additional butter, maple syrup and/or powdered sugar, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.