Classic Bread Pudding
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups day-old bread cubes (1" cubes)
- 1¼ cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" square baking dish with 2" sides.
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. In a bowl or pitcher, stir together the milk and eggs. Pour the milk mixture over the bread cubes and add the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and raisins. Toss lightly to blend. Spread in the prepared baking dish. Place the dish in a baking pan and pour hot water into the pan to a depth of 1".
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the outside edge comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.