Classic Caesar Salad
Caesar salad can be so versatile. Add chicken, shrimp, or even steak to dress it up as an entrée, or pair it with soup for an easy dinner.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. wheat-free English mustard
- 2 canned anchovies, packed in oil, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 Tbsp. shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups wheat-free croutons
- Wash and spin-dry the lettuce; then chop, wrap in a towel, and place in the refrigerator to crisp.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, egg yolk, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, anchovy paste, and olive oil until very smooth. Add salt and pepper. Add the lettuce and toss.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and croutons and serve.