Classic Cheese Pizza
Coarsely grate mozzarella and Parmesan cheese just before topping pizzas for best flavor.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 pizza pans with olive oil.
- Roll or press pizza dough into 2 circles (12 inches in diameter), slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- Spread 3⁄4 cup sauce in the center of each pizza, leaving at least an inch around the edges bare.
- Sprinkle 1⁄2 cup Parmesan over the sauce on each pizza. Distribute 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella evenly over each pizza, just covering the sauce.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie.