Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
The recipe everyone craves—a crisp outside with a chewy middle. Take these out of the oven when they are still slightly underdone for best results.
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 24 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cream butter, shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time; beat well after each egg is added. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into butter mixture.
- Carefully fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2" apart on baking sheets. Bake 8–10 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheets 10 minutes before removing.