Classic Chocolate Cupcakes
These basic chocolate cupcakes are the perfect go-to recipe for birthdays, parties, and holiday gatherings. Store them in an airtight container and they will last for up to 3 days.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 23 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup plus 2 tsp. white whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1¾ cups coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and spray liners with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, applesauce, and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the almond milk to the butter mixture, beating until combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full. Bake for 13 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.