Classic Chocolate Trifle
This traditional favorite is picture perfect and lovely when served in a footed glass bowl—but that’s not the only way to do it. Try different food-safe glass containers. Get creative.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) devil's food cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 box (3.9 oz.) instant chocolate pudding plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 tub (16 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
- 4 chocolate and toffee candy bars (1.4 oz. each), crushed
- Prepare and bake cake according to cake mix instructions. Cool cake. Cut into cubes.
- Make instant pudding according to instructions on the package; cool.
- Layer half the cake cubes in the glass bowl. Follow with half the pudding. Add half the whipped topping and top with half the candy. Repeat one more time to fill bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.