Classic Crab Cakes
Crab cakes have been prepared in the Chesapeake Bay region since before the colonists arrived and have become an iconic Maryland dish.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 3⁄4 lbs. lump crabmeat
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. finely chopped scallion
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Mix crabmeat, egg, flour, onion, breadcrumbs, scallion, salt, seasoning, pepper, and celery salt in a medium bowl. Be careful not to break up the crabmeat.
- Portion the crab cakes into 8 small patties.
- Heat butter in a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Brown crab cakes in butter, 4 minutes per side.