These basic cupcakes make a great surprise for a friend who’s celebrating their birthday.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dried milk powder
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, milk powder, Jell-O mix, cocoa, and Splenda in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, blend the vanilla, applesauce, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until stiff. Add the flour mixture to the egg whites, beating with an electric mixer. Add the applesauce and beat until blended.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake wrappers and fill each 3⁄4 of the way with batter. Bake for 20 minutes.