Serve with pita bread cut into pie-shaped wedges.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled, minced, and mashed to a paste with 1⁄2 tsp. salt added
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, blend together garlic paste, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, and cumin, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper until smooth.
- Add the water, parsley, and salt and pepper and pulse until just combined. Hummus may be made two days ahead and chilled, covered.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil before serving.