Classic Margherita Pizza
This is such an all-time satisfying pizza, loved by adults and kids alike. Mozzarella di bufala is creamier than cow’s-milk mozzarella, but it works just as well. It will simply be a bit creamier and lighter.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup crushed, peeled tomatoes
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. finely grated Grana Padano cheese
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Preheat baking stone in oven.
- Mix crushed tomatoes, dry basil, dry oregano, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper together, then spread on rolled, prepared pizza dough.
- Arrange sliced mozzarella on top and sprinkle with grated Grana Padano.
- Bake on stone for 8 to 10 minutes until the crust is brown and tomato sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven and top with basil leaves.