Classic Meat Loaf
This meatloaf is also good the next day sliced and eaten cold.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- ½ lb. ground veal
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a medium-size sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the butter starts to foam, add the mushrooms and onion; cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the sautéed vegetables to a large bowl. Add the ground meat, salt and pepper, cream, and breadcrumbs; mix well, then press the mixture into a loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Top with ketchup and set aside 5 minutes before serving.