Classic Omelet with Sharp Cheddar and Chives
This variation of the classic French omelet is made with sharp Cheddar and chives.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated sharp Cheddar
- 1 Tbsp. chives, thinly sliced
- Warm the olive oil in an 8" nonstick or seasoned skillet over medium heat. Pour in the eggs, then tilt the pan to spread the eggs evenly over the pan bottom. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chives.
- When the bottom has set and a thin coating of egg is uncooked on the top, add the grated cheese in the omelet’s center.
- Using the back side of a fork, fold ⅓ of the omelet over its center with the cheese, then fold the other side over that. Cook until egg is set, 1–2 minutes.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and serve immediately.