Classic Pecan Turtles
Make this classic confection made with caramel, chocolate, and pecans at home.
Serves: 25Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 oz. dark chocolate
- 100 pecan halves, toasted
- 8 oz. caramels, unwrapped
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Line 2 large baking sheets with waxed or parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and cool to room temperature. Melt the caramels and water in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Cool slightly.
- Place four pecan halves together, forming a "+" sign to create the legs of a turtle on a baking sheet. Place a dollop of caramel over the pecan legs, covering half of each pecan. Repeat with remaining pecans. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a dollop of chocolate over the caramel in each turtle. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.