Classic Pesto Sauce
This wonderful sauce takes only a few minutes to prepare. Feel free to double this recipe, as it stores well in the freezer.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1½ oz. pine nuts
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. fresh basil leaves, torn
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender in the order listed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until blended smooth. Depending on your blender or processor you may need to also stir the pesto by hand to make sure all the ingredients are combined.