Classic Pumpkin Pie
Filled with warm spices and creamy pumpkin, this traditional pie is a perfect ending to a Thanksgiving or holiday meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 4 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp. fresh grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin purée (15 oz.)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz.)
- 1 pie shell (9"), unbaked
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, and salt, until well combined. Add the eggs, pumpkin, and evaporated milk and whisk until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared pastry crust and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the lower third of the oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is set at the edges and just slightly wobbly in the center.
- Cool for 3 hours on a wire rack before slicing.