Classic Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
This tasty dessert has layers of flavor. The salty crust, whipped cream cheese filling and strawberry topping are a refreshing treat for all. Bring it to a potluck or a party, or make it at home and enjoy with the family.
Serves: 16Prep: 1 hourCook: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups crushed pretzels, plus more to serve
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup and 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed, plus more to serve
- 2 packages (3 oz.) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 1 container (15 oz.) sliced strawberries in sugar, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In medium bowl, stir together pretzels, butter and 3 tablespoons sugar. Press into bottom of 9”x13” baking dish; bake 8-10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture over cooled crust. Refrigerate until next step.
- In medium pot, boil water. Let gelatin dissolve in boiling water. Stir in strawberries; allow to sit briefly. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
- Serve with additional whipped topping and crushed pretzels, if desired.