Classic Stuffed Mushrooms
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. mushrooms (caps approximately 1½" across)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Clean the mushrooms and gently pull the stem from each cap, setting the caps aside.
- Chop the mushroom stems and set aside. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the chopped stems and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and thyme, and continue to cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in half and half and cheese.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with the mushroom mixture. Place the filled mushrooms on a baking sheet and put under the preheated oven broiler for 5 to 7 minutes or until the tops are browned and caps have softened and are slightly juicy. Sprinkle the tops with chopped parsley and serve hot or warm.