Classic Sweet Potatoes
Forget the traditional crunchy topping for sweet potatoes. This casserole lets the flavor of the potatoes shine. Double this delicious casserole to serve eight at Thanksgiving.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (17 oz.) vacuum-pack sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes in large bowl and mash with potato masher. Beat in butter, brown sugar, egg, milk, and remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Place in prepared dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are hot and the edges are beginning to brown. Serve immediately.