This popular Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dish is somewhere between a salsa and a salad.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup bulgur wheat, uncooked
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- Place the bulgur in a bowl, pour the boiling water over it, and let it stand for an hour.
- Drain the bulgur well. Toss the remaining ingredients with the bulgur. Chill thoroughly before serving.